Here it is, our now complete adoption timeline:
- 9/7/10 - go to court and legally become a family! Adoption completed!
- 2/13/10 - obtain an adoption lawyer,begin work on finalization.
- 2/2/10 - second post-placement visit
- 12/8/09 - first post-placement visit
- 11/09 - accept our match with baby J and become parents!! ♥ ♥
- 10/09 - match falls through, waiting again..
- 9/09 - get the call! accept the match, and wait a little longer..
- 2/09 - waiting for the call
- 1/09 - Homestudy Approved, Profile complete
- 12/08 - Homestudy visit
- 12/08 - WACAP Weekend
- 10/08 - Began work on Homestudy Documents
- 09/08 - accepted into WACAP AAI grant program
- 09/08 - application accepted
- 08/08 - WACAP Informational Meeting
There will be lots of other important milestones along our road as an adoptive family. But this chapter is closed.
Time from initial application to finalization = 2 years, 1 month
Time from initial application to meeting baby J = 15 months
Time officially waiting = 9 months
Time from placement to finalization = 10 months, almost to the day