Today, however, I'll settle for a preview of what I'm hoping for from the rest of my spring, and you'll get some idea of what to expect from me in this space:
- cleansing: after the experience of doing housework as my Lenten discipline ended on Easter things went...downhill. I am dedicating the month of May to Clean. This means our home, and also my body as I experiment with this program.
- transition: this is Andrew's last quarter of school and we're both on pins and needles to see what happens for him as he starts to hunt for permanent full time employment. Meanwhile I'm going through a rather complex cacophany of emotions as I get ready to leave my job at St. Paul's permanently, and leave the parish for the next year to complete an internship elsewhere.
- tax money: any other adoptive parents out there getting the runaround from the IRS? (that was rhetorical - I know you are.) We, like many, have been relegated to "review" status. Despite submitting all requested paperwork, of course. No requests for further info from them at the moment, just a letter saying not to call for the next 45 days.
- We have some exciting plans for our refund, but I'll tell you about them when it actually comes through.
- Daycare starts in the fall! In anticipation of Andrew working full time and having a variable schedule we started a daycare search this past winter. We've settled on one and secured J a spot for two days a week in the fall. It's a great little in-home place two blocks away from home, which seems perfect. If we can just get her to stop biting, this should work out great.
Okay, that's all I got. Any questions?